ERRATA J.S. Bach Cello Suites (Carl Fischer)
I can count only a few edits, due to the editing process from bass clef to treble clef and due to natural human error. Thank you for your forgiveness.
Suite I in G Major BWV 1007
Prelude Page 4
- 34 beat 3 – 4th 16th note is A (not B)
- 36 beat 3 begins G- A (not A-B)
Suite II in D Minor BWV 1008
Minuetto I Page 13
- 17 Downbeat ascending chord is F# -A (not D-F#)
- 21 Beat 3 add an F just below the D to make the interval a sixth
Suite III in C Major BWV 1009
Allemande Page 17
- 22 Missing natural sign – Beat 3 should change to B-natural for the rest of the measure.
Gigue Page 21
- 24 Beat 3 is a G (not B)
Suite V in C Minor BWV 1011
Prelude Page 31
- 7 downbeat missing A-Flat before the F. Make them 2 eighth notes.
- 219 Downbeat no C-natural on the top of the chord. Delete.
Suite VI in D Major BWV 1012
Allemande Page 44
- 16 OSSIA Beat 1 – 32nd notes can begin on a low B up to the middle B in Beat 3
Sarabande Page 46
- 6 Downbeat – Add a B to the top of the chord
- 13 Beat 2 should be C – but an octave higher
THANK YOU ALL.